The Committee is made up of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, who are all elected, for a fixed term, by vote at the Annual General Meeting, as well as area representatives.
The Chair’s role is to ensure that the meeting runs smoothly and efficiently, and that:
• All business is discussed
• Everyone’s views are heard
• Clear decisions are reached
• The meeting starts and finishes on time.
The Chair also normally act as spokesperson or leader of the group.
THE VICE CHAIR
The Vice-Chair works with the Chair and is able to fill in when the Chair is unavailable
• Helps chair with agendas and meeting organisations
The Secretary’s main duties include:
• Taking the minutes of meetings
• Letting people know when and where the next meeting is
• Writing and receiving emails/letters on behalf of the Residents’ Association
• Keeping members informed of what correspondence has been sent out and received
• Keeping a record of membership, important phone numbers etc.
The Treasurer is the person with overall responsibility for the Residents’ Association’s finances, and their duties include:
• Opening the bank account
• Paying money received into the bank account, and keeping a record of money received and issuing receipts
• Paying bills and keeping a record of money spent
• Keeping petty cash and a petty cash account book for day to day expenditure
• Keeping account of all money going in and out of the organisation
• Prepare statements to the Committee for the Annual General Meeting
The committee will also be made up of general members. There will be four Area Representatives to cover all areas of Bevernbridge and Old Hamsey Lakes and to help with particular matters and communications.
• Serve as a link to residents local to them
• Help out with ad-hoc tasks